Facials aren’t just for women anymore. The modern man gets facials about once a month. Men are also more prone to blocked pores and blackheads than women are. Deep-pore cleansing, moisturizing, exfoliation, and toning, that a regular facial provides will improve the look and health of your skin. Facials are formulated specifically for a man’s special needs and provide relief from shaving, razor burn, skin sensitivities, acne, excessive sweating, clogged pores, roughness, skin pigmentation, sun damage, and dullness.
Benefits of regular facial treatments for men
- Remove blackheads,
- Relieve redness and roughness,
- Diminish the look of wrinkles and crow’s feet,
- Remove ingrown hairs from shaving,
- Firm the skin,
- Relieve allergy symptoms, and
- Help you de-stress.
Facials can extend from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on the type you choose.
When you have your facial ask your therapist about new skin care tips and about skin-care products that are formulated for your special needs so you can keep up good facial care at home. A facial is often the starting point for men to pay more attention to their skin care.
There are different types of facials, but most last for about one hour.
A basic facial includes:
- Exfoliation with a facial scrub,
- Steam to open the pores,
- Application of a mask to tighten and firm the skin,
- Toning to balance the pH-level of your skin, and
- Moisturizing depending upon your skin type (oily, normal or dry).
Your therapist will customize your facial according to the type of skin you have and take into account any skin problems you suffer from to help relieve them. Give your skin the facial treatment it needs, and that you deserve