The procedure known as Liposculpture involves the removing of fat from the areas where it is in excess and transferring it to other areas where there are dips or lack of fat. It is performed in cases when the patient desires to increase the volume but does not favor to use of fillers or prostheses. Most frequently, liposculpture is used in fat grafting buttocks, face, hands and lips. This technique is performed worldwide and with good results. It is favored because of multiple benefits to the patient and no risk of rejection since the material is harvested from the same body.
What is the type of anesthesia is used?
It will depend on the area of treatment. The face and hands procedures can be performed under local or general anesthesia. In the buttocks, it is done using general anesthesia or epidural anesthesia due to the large area of treating.
How much of the grafted fat is absorbed?
Different parts of the body absorb fat with different rate.In some areas it is only 20%, while in others with higher mobility, it can reach up to 60%. The end result is clear around the 6th month postoperatively.
How long is the surgery?
The duration of surgery varies depending on the treated area. It can take from 1 to 4 hours.
How long is the hospital stay?
Generally, it is 1 day.
When do I see the final result?
The final result is seen 6 months after the procedure, but there are significant improvements immediately after the surgery like changes in contour and volume.
- Inform your plastic surgeon in case of flu, menstrual period, indisposition, etc.
- Avoid any medication for weight loss for a period of 10 days before the surgery as well as diuretics;
- Avoid alcohol or heavy meals the day before surgery;
- Schedule your social, private or school activities, so you can rest and recover for a period of 4 to 5 days;
- Avoid strenuous activity for 8 days;
- Get up only as recommended, and avoid most physical effort;
- Do not expose yourself to sun or cold, for a minimum of one week;
- Follow your prescription;
- Do not miss your follow ups as scheduled by your plastic surgeon;
- You will probably be feeling great in no time. Watch out! The euphoria may inspire physical activities, which can result in complications.
- It is possible to feel slight emotional or physical depression between day 3-5. This happens as a result of the efforts of your body to recover;
- Keep a balanced diet. We recommend high-protein foods (meat, eggs, milk) and regular intake of fruits and vegetables;
- Do not start weight loss regime immediately after medical release.